We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Revenue Accountant will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for understanding data flows between internal systems and their overall impact on the financial statements. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and the ability to record complex transactions.
What you will do:
- Ensure that CRM billing data and General Ledger data are aligned
- Assists with the maintenance of the revenue module and its setup in General Ledger, ensuring that revenue is properly accounted for
- Assists in month-end Revenue, Bad Debt, and A/R accounting close process, including an analysis of actuals to explain month-over-month variances
- Actively involved in the ongoing compliance for ASC 606, including the ARM (advanced revenue module) in Netsuite
- Analyze bad debt on a monthly basis, calculates key metrics, and determine trends in account write-offs to help estimate future expense
- Complete, review, and approve monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and roll-forwards of account balances as they relate to Revenue and Accounts Receivable
- Assist in providing audit support for revenue transactions
- Support various special projects as required
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 3+ years experience accounting experience, some with a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Netsuite and Salesforce (or similar CRM) experience preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Goal oriented personality capable of working in fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Experience working in NetSuite, Salesforce, and other integrated SaaS systems
- Working knowledge of 606