Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are actively seeking a Revenue Accountant to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Revenue Manager. This individual should have a basic understanding of the revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for reviewing contracts, working with sales and account managers related to contract structuring, and documenting significant transactions as per Company policy. This role will assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting and Operations.
- Work closely with Sales, Legal, and Operations to ensure all contractual issues are identified and addressed appropriately in advance of execution.
- Ensuring revenue transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 605‐25, 985‐605, etc.).
- Review customer arrangements to conclude the appropriate revenue recognition treatment and to identify any issues.
- Assist in maintaining, monitoring, and reconciling the Company’s deferred revenue and unbilled receivables accounts.
- Monitor Company’s professional services billing and revenue recognition.
- Review and formally document all material revenue generating transactions in accordance with Company policies.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed.
- Manage the revenue and billing functions of the Online Store platform. Identify opportunities and assist Company in process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting in experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, ideally with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. SFDC or other CRM system experience.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct).
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi‐task in a fast paced environment.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries, and deliver results.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.