Pricing Strategy Director
Pricing Strategy Director
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.
Rapid7 is looking for a passionate Pricing Strategy Director who will propose, create and manage global pricing and packaging to accelerate our go-to-market business models, provide clear value to our customers, and deliver growth and profitability to Rapid7. As a member of the Product Marketing team, you will be a critical partner to Product Management, Sales, Finance and other cross-functional teams. Leveraging deep knowledge in pricing research, testing and strategy, and working cross-functionally to thoroughly understand our customers, competitors, market, and business economics, the Pricing Strategy Director will establish product and service prices, price mechanics and standards, and new packaging and bundling. This is an individual contributor role at this time, but an extremely influential one - you could truly impact Rapid7’s ability to drive increased revenue.
- Work collaboratively with our Product Marketing, Sales, and Marketing teams to understand customer needs, buying patterns and how Rapid7’s product and services can maximize share of customer wallet.
- Recommend and facilitate approvals for new product and service list pricing, bundles, and add-on offerings.
- Regularly review existing price structures and levels to identify opportunities to deliver more value for Rapid7 and customers, such as increasing market share, facilitating customer adoption, or better capturing market value.
- Identify and propose new packaging, bundling and price promotions to increase adoption and success for specific market segments, geographies or other opportunities.
- Work as a business partner with our FP&A and pricing/revenue analytics team, helping them to identify and implement improvements in analytical techniques and data infrastructure to improve the quality of pricing decisions.
- Conduct customer and partner interviews to gain insight as well as research industry-relevant business models.
- Present pricing proposals to executive staff; manage price proposal and approval processes, working collaboratively with Finance and Operations to analyze and execute pricing changes.
- Ensure that price changes are communicated effectively both internally and externally to customers, partners, and any other key constituents, working collaboratively with Product Marketing and Sales.
- Conduct research to test pricing hypotheses, support proposed changes, and identify opportunities, as outlined above.
- Analyze, understand and communicate, internally, the impact of price changes to existing customers.
- Measure the impact of price changes, and communicate results internally, including comparisons to expectations and goals.
- Work collaboratively with our Product Marketing, Sales and Marketing teams to develop online pricing strategies and implementation.
- Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related fields
- Background in SaaS-style products and technology services
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in pricing and packaging strategy and analysis for Saas or subscription products
- 2 to 4 years of experience with pricing research, experimentation, and testing
- Experience in top-tier strategy consulting, private equity or similar firm a plus
- High degree of emotional intelligence, with the ability to facilitate and influence change, and collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and analysis, simply and visually
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative are musts