Pricing Consultant at MassMutual
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Pricing Consultant will support continued growth in the Pension Risk Transfer business with an opportunity for someone to apply his or her communication, data analysis, financial analysis, and underwriting abilities within the PRT team to help achieve MassMutual’s strategy. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What great looks like in this role.
This role will effectively collaborate with both internal departments and external clients and will include occasional travel and opportunities to present our story and capabilities.
What your days and weeks will look like.
- Monitoring and responding to in bound communications from clients & intermediaries
- Managing transactions related to the Pension Risk Transfer business
- Developing and maintaining relationships with consultants and advisors
- Supporting and creating Proposals, RFP’s, Questionnaires and other related materials
- Analysis of Requests for Pricing (RFPs) and associated data to determine our appetite for the transaction
- Identifying key provisions in plans that require detailed underwriting and assumption development
- Data processing and pricing of Pension Risk Transfer transactions
The qualifications needed for this role.
- Degree in Finance, Data Analysis, or Actuarial Mathematics or Related Work Experience
- 2+ years experience in Insurance or Retirement business a plus but not required
- Knowledgeable in aspects of pension/retirement or pension risk-transfer a plus but not required
- Demonstrates initiative and sense of urgency; takes ownership and is results-oriented
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver on multiple concurrent deliverables
- Ability to communicate complex materials to non-technical audiences
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, with ability to explore multiple solutions to a problem
- Detail oriented with strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Demonstrated high potential to take on greater responsibilities in the future
Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future