This is a terrific opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Portfolio Risk Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring and managing the aggregate risk within our receivables portfolio. You will work closely with senior executives across multiple departments to support the development and execution of strategic initiatives related to maximizing the portfolio’s risk-adjusted returns. You will report to and work closely with the Director of Portfolio Risk and Analytics, collaborating frequently with other team members and leaders across the organization. This is a highly visible role where you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on the company’s growth and profitability as well as the small business community we serve.
In this role you will:
- Deep-dive into the receivables portfolio, analyzing across industries, partners, and programs and help identify areas for improvement
- Help design and monitor portfolio dashboards, reports and KPIs to measure and improve portfolio profitability
- Key contributor to the execution of strategic projects focused on improving conversion rates and increasing gross profit contribution from our receivables portfolio
- Structure and present key findings & analyses to Director and other leadership stakeholders
- Implement policy guidelines and controls for the overall portfolio to manage macroeconomic factors and other tail risks
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgment while under pressure
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying
- Analytical skills: Able to structure and process quantitative or qualitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Problem Solver: Ability to proactively identify issues and create/communicate solutions
- Flexibility: Ability and willingness to adapt, change and compromise in maturing and fast-growing environment
- Bachelors Degree from a top-tier institution with a track record of solid academic performance
- 6+ years of progressive experience in an analytical role in SMB financing, Corporate Finance (FP&A, Strategy), Consulting or other sector requiring a rigorous financial background (I.e. risk analytics, marketing analytics)
- Ability to analyze complicated business questions and work independently to drive projects to conclusion
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $700m in funding to more than 20,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants
Read Full Job Description