Portfolio Management Analyst
The Asset Allocation team, a key contributor to MassMutual’s Investment Management division, is comprised of collaborative, individuals who get energized to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Portfolio Management Analyst to join our team.
What great looks like in this role
The ideal candidate is team-oriented, and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate is also passionate about investments and has experience and expertise in investment management, including experience with securitized assets. In this role the candidate works closely in partnership with the rest of the investment management team and frequently communicates with other areas of MassMutual and outside investment managers.
A few key objectives of this role
- Set portfolio structure - Structure asset classes and portfolios to enhance various investment and financial metrics.
- Analyze securitized assets. - Examine risk/return parameters on a variety of securitized investments.
- Support and guide outside investment managers - Direct and coordinate with various outside investment managers to implement actions and incorporate and record a wide variety of financial and investment metrics.
- Collaborate across business function - Coordinate with MassMutual’s Corporate Financial division, participate in gathering investment metrics for annual financial planning and forecasting.
- Drive innovation – With a deep expertise on the fundamentals of various investment asset classes, learn and master new and emerging data technology and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions in investment reporting.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Analysis & decisions - Proactively identify risks and opportunities within the investment opportunity set with a particular emphasis on the analysis of securitized assets. Make pro-active recommendations on relative value opportunities within various asset classes.
- Outside Manager Communication - Gather and co-ordinate a wide range of investment information and metrics from various outside investment managers. Provide investment guidance to the outside managers on the specific and varied requirements of the insurance investment accounts.
- Risk management - Develop knowledge of risk-based capital charges and NAIC ratings and developing processes at origination and classification to augment RBC ratios.
- Continuous Improvement - Work on projects with varying levels of complexity and diversity supporting a wide range of stakeholders
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with investments including experience working with securitized assets..
- Excellent communication skills, change & innovation orientation, strategic thinking, and the ability to formulate effective relationships.
- Effectively use data manipulation and visualization.
- Understanding across securitized asset classes including knowledge of Intex and Prepay/Default models
- Advanced degree in Finance.
- CFA designation (or proven progress towards completion).
- Possessing, or the ability to develop, a working knowledge of financial modelling.