Payroll Specialist at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist to help us handle our continued growth! You will work with our payroll team, providing support and ensure that all bi-weekly payroll is accurate and processed in a timely manner.
What you’ll do:
- Update payroll records by entering changes such as salary increases, internal changes, and mass update changes for all departments.
- Processing of biweekly multi-state domestic payroll for 700+ employees, ensuring that new hires, terminations, and compensation changes are handled properly.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies via information collection and analysis.
- Initiate and audit data connection between UltiPro and all Benefit Providers for employee data transfer; troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies.
- Support the architecture of the UltiPro system including data integrity, data validation, development of system optimization and technology upgrades.
- Manage all support cases with UltiPro along with reporting log.
- Create and maintain employee’s electronic files.
- Manage the payroll-benefits inbox handling all payroll information questions and requests.
- Run ad-hoc weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for various departments.
- Enter new hires into UltiPro for On-boarding along with handling all employee required documentation for I-9’s.
- Complete special projects as needed for Payroll, HR and FP&A.
- 2-4 years of payroll experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a willingness to jump in wherever needed.
- Experience processing multi-state payroll and handling third party systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality around personnel related issues, employee/payroll records, and company information.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, along with good interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Experience with Ultimate Software is a plus.
- Tech-savviness – We are completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset and optimize our technology platform.
- An appetite for change – If something isn’t working, we fix it and then we fix it again.
- Friendliness – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.