Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking to add a Payroll Manager to our growing team. As a member of the People & Talent team, you will ensure accurate processing, reporting and tax filing of payroll. This position will have an immediate impact within our organization.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee processing of bi-weekly and semi-monthly US payrolls using Workday (serve as primary backup for vacation and leaves of absence)
- Review all transactions prior to processing, complete and settle payroll
- Provide monthly data changes to international payroll provider for processing
- Manage and coach Payroll Specialist
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting (W-2, W-2c,1095c)
- Create ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
- Main point of contact for internal and external payroll audits
- Respond to all questions timely and accurately
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of experience managing multi-state and multi-cycle payrolls with international experience a plus
- Experience with a public company - and exposure to equity related transactions
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices
- Knowledge of federal, state and local wage and hour laws
- Strong PC and/or Mac skills including proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Workday
- Strong work ethic with a team player mentality
- Professional with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Capacity for decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Familiarity with FLSA and record keeping requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.