This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Payments Specialist, you will find challenge and satisfaction in helping Forward Financing’s customers through temporary issues and building lasting customer relationships. The Payments Specialist is an integral part in the revenue life-cycle of the company. In this role, you will form relationships with Forward Financing’s customers that need assistance in repaying their financing.
In this role you will:
- Actively monitor reports for customers experiencing recent payments issues and make regular, consistent calls and email outreach
- Provide positive customer experience and reinforce Forward Financing’s willingness to work with customers facing temporary financial hardships
- Respond to customer inquiries, resolve client discrepancies, and process and review account adjustments in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain clearly documented records of correspondence with customers
- Manage a portfolio of accounts where customers are willing to pay but facing temporary financial hardships. Focus on resolving payments issues, lowering overall delinquency, and maximizing efficiency
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency, looking for trends, and discuss them with management
- Escalate unresponsive accounts where customer shows an unwillingness to pay and for which there is not an amicable solution
- Flag for Forward Financing leadership about potential problems that could affect your portfolio performance
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical: Ability to review financial statements and customer business status to determine customer’s ability to pay
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years customer service type experience to include outbound calling
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.