Payments Intelligence Analyst
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a highly motivated Analyst to join the Toast Payments team and play a key role in our continued growth and making data-driven improvements. The Payments Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for identifying and providing insights in payment processing cost optimization and improvement. Toast processes billions of dollars every year and this role will drive high impact decision-making through analysis and reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and provide insights into payment processing costs in real-time
- Develop complex payments financial models to identify margin improvements, manage payments predictability and identify optimizations opportunities – partner with Finance, Data Science, Product and Toast Payments teams
- Support monthly cadence with Finance team to review results, identify and explain variances, mitigate risks, and capitalize on opportunities
- Own monthly reconciliation process for all payment processing costs
- Develop and maintain payments reporting metrics on both an ad hoc and routine basis
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2-4 years of analytics experience at a payment processing company or in a Big 4 accounting firm or FP&A in a high growth tech company
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand root causes
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Data analysis programming languages a plus
- In depth knowledge of the credit card industry