Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Summary: At Nuance, we are reinventing the relationship between people and Technology.
We are more than a technology company, we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 10,000 employees globally. Finance is more than just a support function at Nuance, we are passionate about what we do!
We are a complex business, with multiple products and revenue streams. This is an opportunity to exercise your accounting and operational skills and utilize the latest industry technology (including Oracle and RevPro), at the same time in an environment that supports growth and an opportunity. If you have a strong level of intellectual curiosity, take pride in being part of a high caliber team, and are ready to bring your skills and experience to the next level, this position may be for you!
We are seeking an Operations Accountant for our Accounting and Operations teams to be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles associated with complex revenue arrangements. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing best in class support to the Business Unit operations and finance teams on their forecasted and actual revenues. This position will be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of all accounts (revenue, def revenue, costs, deferred costs, etc.) monthly as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives.
The qualified candidate will report to the Sr. Revenue Operations Manager, Accounting and Operations team, and will work closely with other members of the Accounting and Operations team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash.
- Review and record revenue estimates for transactional billings in general ledger
- Download budgets from across the business and record corresponding general ledger entries
- Develop and execute analytical procedures to understand and explain variances from expectations on account balances and transactional activity.
- Perform monthly reconciliations for revenue and cost accounts
- Compile monthly memos for responsible cycles to be reviewed with management
- Analyze data in Oracle and RevPro
- Import and export large amounts of data and perform analytical reviews
- Execute test scenarios related to system upgrade and report writing
- Support external statutory reporting requirements as needed.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
- Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting / Finance
Minimum years of work experience: 2+ years of accounting experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm
Required Skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
Bachelor’s in Accounting / Finance
Preferred skills: Skilled in ERP Systems, Oracle e-Business Suite, including GL, OM, AR, and Projects is preferred. Knowledge of RevPro is a plus.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.