Mgr I Finance (IT & Finance)
Position is responsible for aggregating IT financial information, data gathering for establishing and maintaining IT capital and operating budgets and providing the PDL IT Leader with information intended to aid decision making. This position is viewed as a trusted source of information within IT and the PDL organization at large, providing in-depth analysis and impacts of potential and realized financial decisions related to IT annual operating and routine capital spend. Is responsible for the monthly consolidation of capital and expense target to actuals and forecasts specifically within the IT Project Portfolio. Additionally, responsible for financial leadership with other admin departments within PDL - including, budgets, forecasts, latest estimates, operating and capital
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Support Budget, Forecast, Projection, and LE processes
- Prepare submission templates, work with Finance team across PDL to ensure timely submission of deliverables
- Partner with IT Leaders and other admin departments to develop IT Portfolio budget and other department budgets and forecast that aligns with PDL priorities and provide the financial analysis to support decision making
- Track IT capital and operating spend throughout the FY to ensure requests mirror approved budget spend and escalate where deviation exists
- Support Monthly and Ad Hoc Reporting Needs
- Support monthly close process activities
- Produce monthly project variance reports and other reporting needs to PDL IT and other Admin Department Leadership and project owners
- Develop standardized templates to ensure an efficient reporting process (tables, waterfall graphs, trend lines, etc.).
- Support PDL IT Project Approval Process
- Review business cases for accuracy on costs and benefits partnering with IT, Brands and Finance teams as needed
- Define and lead end to end process improvement
- Track and guide project approvals through defined process and manage approvals through the IT Portfolio including ensuring funding sources are identified
- Partner closely with IT Portfolio and PMO Office to align of processes, results, status updates, etc.
- Work on ad-hoc reporting as required
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s Degree
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.