Manager, Pricing & Packaging at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Manager, Pricing and Packaging Strategy. This person will lead key initiatives for the pricing & packaging team, along multiple dimensions: in support of our evolving B2B GTM strategy for the core business. They will also support pricing strategy for new products and verticals, as CarGurus expands aggressively into additional services for consumers and dealers.
The person in this role should enjoy balancing active, hands-on ownership of important projects with management / mentorship of more junior team members. They should crave empowerment, have a high level of intellectual curiosity, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity, and be proficient in developing business insights and executing. They will be efficient and practical.
What You’ll Do:
- New product pricing – lead the research, pricing design, and execution for new products coming to market
- Long-term monetization strategy – lead key workstreams in evolving our approach to monetization at CarGurus, spanning strategy development, experiment
- Team leadership & mentorship – model and nurture a positive, constructive team culture; manage associate(s) to position them for success
- Relationship building – this role will be one of the most visible faces to the various stakeholders seeking to get things done; they’ll be responsible for ensuring we are well coordinated and aligned to execute effectively.
- Research, Testing, and Experimentation – design, socialize, and execute tests and/or pilots and/or primary research methods (quant surveys, interview programs, etc) to inform long-term pricing & packaging decisions
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in pricing, revenue optimization, or related field
- Working knowledge of various data analysis, reporting, and CRM tools, and comfort in getting up to speed on new skills and tools (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Looker, Salesforce)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and balance many projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with senior leadership, delivering concise, data-driven insights
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.