Manager of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
We’re currently seeking a Manager of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting to report directly to the Assistant Controller and be responsible for financial reporting, technical accounting, public company and SOX readiness, and special projects including M&A. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in building accurate and timely financial reporting and close processes with strong controls. To be successful, candidates must possess strong technical accounting and financial reporting skills and an ability to work with all levels of management across all departments balancing business and finance needs.
- Prepare internal and external financial statements in anticipation of compliance with SEC requirements including annual MDA, as well as the maintenance of supporting documentation.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards, to determine appropriate accounting and disclosure requirements specific to the Company and present to the Audit Committee.
- Manage the Company’s adoption of the new leasing accounting standard.
- Lead or participate in the resolution of complex business issues and transactions, including debt and equity transactions, stock-based compensation and business combinations.
- Monitor and enhance internal controls for external reporting process, including the review of the Company’s process narratives and policies.
- Development of systems to support efficient financial reporting.
- Coordinating with the Company's external auditors quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Preparation of Audit Committee materials.
- Participate in business combinations and M&A activity including due diligence for acquisition targets, purchase accounting, and integration post acquisition.
- Manage Company’s public company readiness project.
- Participate in income tax accounting.
- Participate in treasury activities including cash and debt management.
- As necessary, assist in special projects including system implementations, technical accounting research, equity, and revenue recognition.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent).
- CPA required.
- 7+ years industry (SaaS industry experience preferred) in financial reporting and public accounting experience (Big Four experience required).
- Strong experience in preparing consolidated financial statements including international subsidiaries.
- Experience with business combinations required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and its application.
- Project management skills and ability to collaborate with senior management, outside legal counsel, valuation experts, external auditors and various internal departments.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Excel (Advanced), Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Intacct and Adaptive Insights is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, analytical, and proactive.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.