Junior Data Analyst, Finance Data
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub Enterprise Finance is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join its growing data and analytics team. This team is focused on creating process automation solutions, developing and delivering custom reporting, and performing business intelligence (BI) analytics for internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the Manager of Finance Data and Analytics, the person in this role will develop and maintain reporting platforms, ensure timely and accurate delivery of reports, assist senior team members with custom analytics requests and play a key role in monthly financial close processes. As such, this person will gain deep subject matter expert knowledge about the Grubhub Enterprise platform and should be able to use this expertise to advise partners with data requests.
The ideal candidate is passionate about data, strongly customer focused and has a desire to learn about process automation. This person must be an innovative problem solver who is able to derive insights from data and communicate those concisely and effectively. We are looking for someone to master the basics and graduate into an insights-driven analyst.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Maintain existing data warehouse and oversee daily ETL processes
- Spin-up, QA and automate custom reports, leveraging SQL and python
- Master the nuances of the Grubhub Enterprise platform and leverage that knowledge to advise stakeholders
- Work with senior team members to assist in analytics and automation projects
- Provide month-end close reporting
- Develop processes aimed at streamlining finance and accounting practices
You Should Have
- 1 year of relevant working experience
- Basic knowledge of SQL and preferably some knowledge of python
- Experience with Excel and presentation software (Keynote, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
- Detailed and process-oriented while maintaining the ability to see the bigger picture
- Strong desire to get things right
- Passionate about data and insights
- Clear communicator who can explain technical details to varying audiences
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.