Junior Accountant, Billing at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Jr Accountant role is responsible for the daily billing operations. This is a challenging role that requires problem solving and the ability to record high-volume, complex billing transactions. This role will involve significant interaction with internal partners including: Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Onboarding, etc.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Accurately prepare, post, and deliver customer invoices
- Accurately charge customers ancillary monthly fees
- Conduct weekly audits of customers billing set ups
- Post customer payments, refunds, and deposits by recording ACH transactions
- Assist in monthly close tasks including account reconciliations
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- General knowledge of billing and collections
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
Secret sauce* (Bonus Skills)
- Experience working in Quickbooks, NetSuite, SalesForce, or other similar SaaS (Software as a Service) based ERP (Enterprise resource planning) and CRM (Customer relationship management) systems
- Experience in excel
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
*Bread puns encouraged but not required