At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who You Are:
We are seeking dedicated, detail-oriented team members with a passion for real estate. In this role, you’ll play a critical role in the investment process, making recommendations on both the homes and homeowners with whom we are working. We are constantly looking to improve our portfolio performance with our investments. The underwriting team analyzes and digests a broad set of home and homeowner information to assess the risk profile of applications. Underwriters on the team make investment recommendations to the Investment Committee and CEO.
What You’ll Do:
- Verify applicant information and assess applicant risk level against a set of underwriting criteria
- Flag applications for potential concerns with regard to application completeness or high-risk applicants
- Make investment recommendations to the Investment Committee and CEO
- Work closely with Investment Coordinators and Investment Managers to quickly and accurately process homeowner applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of sales and operations when more information is required
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, finance or a related field
- Prior experience in accounting or financial services operations role a plus
- Extraordinary attention-to-detail
- Strong proofreading/fact-checking skills
- Ability to think critically and make recommendations based on a rules rubrics
- Comfortable working with leaders in finance and legal to escalate potential gray areas
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure within a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proactive approach to daily work and ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to communicate professionally with others
- Strong client service skills
- Eager to join an early-stage tech company, interested in real estate, interested in fintech
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.