Internal Audit Manager
Rapid7 is trusted by IT and security professionals around the world to manage risk, simplify modern IT complexity, and drive innovation. Rapid7 analytics transform today’s vast amounts of security and IT data into the answers needed to securely develop and operate sophisticated IT networks and applications. Rapid7 research, technology, and services drive vulnerability management, application security, incident detection and response, and log management for more than 7,000 organizations across more than 120 countries, including 52% of the Fortune 100.
The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible to drive the execution of our internal control and SOX compliance plan. Specifically, the internal audit manager will perform an annual risk assessment and scoping plan, manage and execute the control testing, assess control deficiencies and communicate results of the SOX testing to members of senior management and the audit committee. In addition, this position will be responsible for developing and executing operational internal audits and a key contributor on compliance related projects. This position will report to the audit committee with administrative reporting to the CFO. This role is ideal for an individual with deep experience in SOX compliance including IT general controls and is looking for an opportunity to provide insight to continue to strengthen our control structure for current business processes while objectively assessing the effectiveness of the controls and managing our compliance.
- Perform annual risk assessment and scoping for our SOX compliance;
- Evaluate the adequacy of controls and processes by developing a test plan specific to the identified key controls, execute testing;
- Prepare comprehensive working papers that are consistent with generally accepted auditing standards;
- Identify control gaps and other operational issues, propose solutions to be discussed and implemented with business owners and summarize issues and recommendations into clear and concise action items to be presented to senior management;
- For identified control deficiencies, partner with the business owner to identify mitigating key controls, develop a remediation plan and document our assessment of the severity of the control deficiency;
- Work closely with IT management to evaluate and monitor compliance of key financial systems;
- Participating in Audit Committee meetings and reporting on the status of the current audit plan and any audit issues appropriate for the Committee’s attention;
- Effectively communicating with and educating process owners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment, and the role of Internal Audit;
- Gain and maintain an excellent understanding of key business processes to assist operations and finance managers in identifying best practices from an internal control perspective;
- Stay abreast of general business and economic events and demonstrate a broad understanding of Rapid7’s business and industry by recognizing trends and emerging technical and industry developments of relevance;
- Identify, develop and execute operational internal audit plans and work cross-functionally with other team on compliance projects such as GDPR and developing and implementing certain policies and procedures;
- Work on other special projects and investigations as determined by the audit committee;
- Working closely with the Company’s independent public accountants, including preparing an annual risk-based audit with the objective of increasing the effectiveness of the company's overall audit function.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in internal audit, SOX control testing or external audit.
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm and exposure to the Technology industry and revenue recognition accounting principles under ASC 605 and 606 is preferred
- CPA or CIA is preferred
- Strong understanding of fundamental business processes, risks, controls, and accounting requirements (e.g., Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management including CFO and audit committee
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership and responsibility for the end to end audit process. Knows how to work independently, but when to consult with others.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines and work in a fast pace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills