Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach small business insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. Founded in 2005 (with our first international office in Boston launched in 2016), Simply Business is an online business insurance brokerage that specializes in one thing: protecting the businesses that entrepreneurs have worked hard to build.
Through blending a combination of technology, data, and insurance knowledge - with 10 years of expertise in the UK in how to build great products for our customers - we are looking to simplify the insurance-buying process for all small businesses across the US.
Right now we’re at the start of that journey. We need people who are looking for a challenge and have the drive and ambition to challenge the boundaries in whatever exciting project they believe in. We believe that people work more productively and imaginatively when they are free from rigid hierarchy and structures and we’re creating a colorful and collaborative environment to help support you in meeting your ambitions.
If you’re smart, passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences across an integrated online and offline user journey, and enjoy solving complex challenges then you should apply to join our team.
We need self starting, fun loving, customer centric individuals who are willing to learn and are excited to go above and beyond to provide a world class customer experience. We will train you and support you in becoming a licensed commercial insurance agent!
This is a growing department that helps shape the processes and approach Simply Business takes with its customers. It allows for development and knowledge gain to support individual growth both within the department as well as in other departments within the business.
As part of the Insurance Agent Training Program you will be making outbound and receiving inbound telephone calls, with the aim of selling new business policies to prospective customers. You will follow the whole process through to completion, including supporting the customer and ensuring that payment details and direct debits are completed accurately. You will be using various systems to complete your daily duties. Full training will be provided by our Learning and Development team. We will support the full learning and licensure process.
As a part of the Insurance Agent Training Program you will:
- Provide world class customer experience Learning about insurance, the customer and Simply Business!
- Be capable of overcoming customer objections throughout a sales process
- Ensuring maximum business leads with successful sales techniquesDeal with internal departments to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction
- Adhere to all compliance and quality standards (we will teach you)!
- Use relevant systems to update information held on customer accounts
- Respond to emails and handle high volumes of calls and leads relating to new business
- Communicate and liaise with customers using appropriate methods to ensure a good customer journey
- Ensure a smooth process is followed regarding payment of premiums and the issue of documentation
- Effective management of call backs and follow ups
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
- Attend and be present at internal meetings with other company functions as needed
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years’ experience working in the insurance industry; background with insurance products as a baseline to become licensed
- Ability to independently study and pass a complex test
- Passion for providing an excellent customer experience
- Willingness to learn and put in the necessary effort and time to become a licensed insurance agent
- Good active listening skills; ability to show acknowledgement to customers
- Ability to adapt one's style to engage with different customers in the right way
- Ability to recognize and understand different customer needs and treat each customer as an individual
- Ability to communicate information on our different products in a way that demonstrates the real value to each customer
- Be able to deal with different customer concerns, questions, and objections
- Ensure that all interactions result in a positive experience for the customer regardless of the sale outcome
- A team player who is able to work with others as well as in isolation when required
- Self-motivated with the drive to reach realistic & stretching targets
What are the benefits?
Working in our Boston Office, you will have the chance to shape a business from the very beginning, and an opportunity to develop and learn new skills across various technology and business areas as you desire.
Plus there’s all the serious (but important) stuff we call "core benefits".
The ‘core’ stuff
Some of these will kick in once you’re confirmed in post, but here’s the summary:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
But there’s so much more to Simply Business than insurance. We also commit to flexible working options, smart working (our offices are kitted out for you to work when and how you choose)and we have a handy online form to put in any training or conference requests.
Best of all, though, are the groups, clubs, and adventures that come with the Simply Business territory. We trek the Sahara for charity, take you on weekends away, throw epic summer parties, meet up for book groups, public speaking coaching and lots, lots more
It’s a big claim but we genuinely believe the Simply Business culture is truly unique. You sort of have to come and spend time with us to appreciate it. So get that application in and we’ll take it from there!
Everything we do comes down to these five values – empowerment, authenticity, simplicity, learning and pioneering.
In practice, these will mean something unique to every person at Simply Business, but if you’re considering working here, give them some thought. They’re at the heart of our story.
We believe in our people and the positive impact they can have so we enable everyone to stretch themselves
We celebrate diversity, avoid jargon and genuinely care about helping small businesses thrive
We attempt to simplify complex solutions to save our customers time and effort
We’re never done learning about new possibilities and act to explore them
We’re obsessed with finding new ways to create even better experiences
We want to meet you
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. We succeed as an organization because we are comprised of intelligent women and individuals from other underrepresented groups. We understand you don’t find that in a lot of companies, so we’re emphasizing it here should you feel any hesitation to apply for that reason.
The hiring process at Simply Business is focused on candidates who are enthusiastic about the role and company. So even if you don’t fit every qualification listed in one of our job postings, yet you feel you’d be a great fit, we’d love to meet you. With any luck we’ll be seeing you at an interview soon.