Head of Treasury at Klaviyo
The Treasurer will establish and lead the treasury function for Klaviyo. This is a critical financial leadership position with broad global responsibilities in the areas of cash management and treasury operations, banking relationships, liquidity planning, investment management, foreign currency and interest rate risk management, process and system improvements, and capital structure, all while operating under a SOX compliant set of financial controls.
In this role, you will build out and manage all of the key areas of treasury including establishing a global banking infrastructure for collections and payments, cash flow forecasting, corporate credit and capital structure and FX/Investment strategies. You will work closely with the business and the finance executive management team to ensure our procure to pay and order to cash solutions are working optimally as our business evolves and functioning as intended. You will also work closely with the CFO on major capital structure decisions.
How You Will Make a Difference:
You're excited about this opportunity because you are a strong leader who has deep business acumen and a contagious passion for
- Overseeing a global Treasury function including global cash management processes, payment processing solutions, banking operations, funding strategies, cash flow forecasting, investing, and interest rate/FX risk management;
- Partnering with the business and your peers to assess optimal foreign currency collections/payments and establish a hedging program for major foreign currency risks as the company scales;
- Building out an investment strategy that ensures appropriate liquidity across all entities, following a policy that seeks to preserve capital, while earning an appropriate rate of return on excess cash;
- Developing, updating and monitoring Treasury operational policies; overseeing Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for all operations and supporting internal and external audit requirements;
- Leading key strategic treasury projects – including streamlining treasury processes, controls, risk management, bank account structure and account rationalization, payments, etc., among others in collaboration with key stakeholders;
- Managing global banking projects and global banking relationships;
- Partnering closely with the CFO on major capital markets decisions and transactions including private/public fundraising, IPO, and returning capital to shareholders based on major strategic initiatives and optimal capital structure; and
- Role will initially be an individual contributor but as company grows, building a world-class team to support responsibilities will be key
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Business, Finance, Economics or related discipline; CTP is a plus
- 10+ years corporate treasury experience, including leading a Treasury function at a publicly traded company
- Possess acute attention to details; strong business judgement and autonomy
- Be a team player who is comfortable working on detailed transactions on an independent basis and coordinating input from others
- Able to multi-task, deal with ambiguity and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Have excellent project management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, gain consensus among various teams, and drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Have intellectual curiosity to seek knowledge and problem solve independently with minimal direct supervision
- Have highly effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Can inspire a team
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.