Head of Finance
Greater Boston Area
CozyKin is growing 10x each year, and you can be pivotal to this growth. As Head of Finance, you will work directly in partnership with our CEO & senior executive team to develop and drive our financial strategy. Dig into our unit economics, make strategic tradeoffs and investments, and empower our team to continue our unicorn-level growth.
-Model and analyze our burn, fundraising, runway, and unit economics dashboard; steer strategic decisions accordingly
-Highlight areas for investment and foreseen financial victories & challenges
E.g. how much to invest in ‘subsidizing’ growth versus turning away unmatched families? Think the early days of UberPool
-Plan budgets for 2019 (annually and by quarter)
-Maintain GAAP accounting across the company
-Lead a team to ensure payroll and month-end close are correct, complete and on-time
-Prepare financial metrics and relevant slides for board of director meetings
-Speak to financial metrics and strategy in board meetings
- Prior experience in GAAP, budget-planning, and startup burn metrics
- Entrepreneurial and scrappy; able to find creative solutions to problems and pivot quickly
- Prepared, deliberate, and persuasive in communication and collaboration with senior leaders
- Proven ability to make decisions and act with excellent judgment and insight
- Dedicated to the result of the work, not the method
- Able to understand and strategically weigh the tradeoffs in unit economics of a managed marketplace business (e.g. utilization & matching rates of our nannies and families respectively)
- Subsidized medical, dental, & vision insurance for you & your family
- Generous discount on CozyKin's childcare services
- Vacation, sick, and holiday paid time off
- Commuter benefits
Compensation $85,000 - $150,000
Equity 0.1% - 0.5%
Our Company Values
Heart For Children: We do what's best for the child. That's also what's best for the parents, nannies, and our community.
Courage In Action: We do hard things with empathy. We take the hill. We own our work. We get it done.
Accelerate Together: We choose to accelerate. We champion growth. We empower others to do the same.
Read Full Job Description