At Chewy, we are disrupting the pet products industry by offering our customers the easiest way to get the premium products they want, backed by unparalleled service. We strive to win at everything we do, whether that means bending over backwards to gain our customers’ trust and loyalty or creating a creative and stimulating work environment for our employees. We aim to wow our customers—and our employees. Trust us. You will notice the difference from the moment you become a candidate with us.
Launched in 2011, we offer the personalized service of a neighborhood pet store alongside the convenience and speed of e-commerce. Customers love shopping our wide selection of products of more than 45,000 items (including our Private brands and prescription Rx food and Rx medication products), which we offer at competitive prices, fast 1-2 day shipping and around-the-clock convenience that only e-commerce can offer.
Chewy’s commitment to customer service is the core of our brand, and our customers love us for it. We “WOW” pet parents through 24/7 assistance, advice and encouragement every day of the year. We make pet parenting easy with our convenient Autoship subscription program—which allows our customers to schedule their orders, so they never run out of their pet food, supplies and medication they need.
As an e¬-commerce company, product innovation drives our operations, and our team is constantly striving to find new and better ways to improve our customers’ experience. From an easy¬ to¬ navigate website and highly¬ rated mobile apps, to detailed order tracking and personalized “Pet Profile” features, we are transforming the way pet parents shop.
At Chewy, we believe in ownership and accountability and value creativity. We are makers and doers who thrive on the desire to drive results. We approach our mission to provide the best service and pet products anywhere with a dogged determination and a disposition that is as sunny as the South Florida oceanfront we call home. Sure, we work hard, but we have fun, too. Of course, that is not hard to do when you get to bring your favorite four-legged friend to the office.
Chewy is hiring a Head of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to lead the team responsible for enterprise level planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis. This role will work closely with the CFO, and other c-suite leaders throughout Chewy. They will be an integral part of the leadership team, efficiently scaling the FP&A organization, expanding Chewy’s capabilities and talent. This role will be involved in high-impact decisions and initiatives undertaken by the company, giving them a front row seat to shape Chewy’s growth. They will need to operate at depth, understanding the details of our business model, while also being able to “zoom out” to connect the dots across the enterprise. Chewy is seeking an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. They will have had experience leading corporate FP&A for a fast growing private or public company preferably in the eCommerce space. They will have demonstrated flexibility and willingness to roll up their sleeves to lead the team, a start-up mentality, and an ability to build high performing teams.
- Apply vision, strategy, and thought leadership to impact Chewy, at scale
- Lead, inspire, and develop a growing team of financial professionals focused on enhancing enterprise-wide company growth
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships across the commercial pillars of the business. Help the company understand how all the pieces fit together and drive performance. Strengthen the team's partnership and influencing skills and further connect Finance into every part of the organization and decision making
- Partner with Chewy leadership to develop and execute Chewy's long-term growth plan
- Lead processes such as long-range planning, annual budgeting, and quarterly forecasts
- Implement repeatable operating protocols and systems that enhance financial rigor, enable more thinking and less data manipulation, and bring controls yet allow for the nimbleness and investment needed at a fast-growing company
- Develop financial analyses that provides senior leaders with timely insights into trends, topline and profitability, and growth drivers
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly enterprise business reviews to the CFO, CEO and full executive team
- Lead capital expenditure budget process and provide analysis of capital allocation activities, including opening new fulfillment centers, investing in technology, and other structural and transactional-focused projects outside the confines of the regular forecasts and budget process.
- Provide frameworks, models, and business cases to guide resource allocation that maximize shareholder value
- Support decision making and accurate planning through the development of financial models, summary of assumptions and key financial metric analyses
- Technical Acumen: 10+ years of finance experience with depth in FP&A and broader finance leadership experience.
- Strategic Business Partner: A business partner to the CEO, CFO, executive leadership team, who can work effectively with all levels and functions; Highly analytical, and forward-looking and uses financial analytics to help the team "see around corners" and drive profitable growth.
- Industry Experience: 5+ years of experience in retail, eCommerce, or consumer packaged goods company, or relevant industry.
- Stakeholder Exposure: Experience interacting with influential stakeholders, including but not limited to boards, CEO, CFO, and investors.
- Demonstrated success as a progressive Finance leader that applies advanced business acumen to shape the company's strategies and initiatives
- Track record of thinking globally, strategically, and objectively. Able to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies, and financial plans
- Able to work under pressure and to adapt to changing circumstances while applying analytical and technical skills to shape corporate initiatives
- Experience in communicating clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing) to senior leadership audiences internally and externally. Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
- Ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders and effectively manage conflict resolution. Success in creating an inclusive culture that builds trust between cross-functional teams to drive the success of the entire company
- Expert at financial modeling and financial systems (Hyperion & Oracle a strong plus)
- Proven record in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business needs. Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- MBA (preferably in Finance), and BS in Finance, Engineering, or Business and excellent track record in global organization(s)
- Disruptive mindset with the ability to build a culture that is not afraid to test, fail, iterate and scale
- Proven track record in establishing a collaborative working relationship with the business and building a high energy, high performing finance organization that delivers results and values to the business organization
- An established visionary leader with the personal and professional skills to direct both complexity and ambiguity while leading a finance organization that impacts every department in the company and every aspect of the business
- Analytically driven and solutions oriented
- A talent magnet with strong followership who can stand up and lead a high performing team
- Put Customers First: Understands the needs and priorities of internal and external customers. Leads with a customer first mentality that focuses on customer partnership and value creation
- Shape Strategy: Acts with agility and thoughtfulness. Can see the long-term future and the complex details of the company and plan accordingly. Can define, accurately communicate, and execute Chewy’s strategy
- Build Talent and Teams: Acts as an influential leader who can gain trust and build out a high performing finance team. Additionally, acts as a strong team player who supports the executive team and fosters future leaders for the organization
- Disrupt and Drive for Results: Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity in order to drive change. A decisive leader who sets high standards and allows their actions and results to speak for them. Is not afraid to “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done