General Manager / Financial Institution Channel
MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
Growing and scaling the FI partner channel is one of the most critical priorities at MineralTree. Reporting to the President, the “GM – FI Channel” should have demonstrated leadership experience in developing and growing successful channel relationships. This role will own the FI channel P&L and be responsible for significantly scaling our revenue from Bank and FI partners.
- Own and grow the FI partner channel P&L.
- Drive new partner acquisition, portfolio growth, manage customer satisfaction/churn.
- Leverage, cultivate, manage and grow complex executive relationships.
- Align the right go-to-market model with the right customer to drive a winning partnership for our customers and MineralTree.
- Build joint, strategic business plans with partners and drive relentless execution.
- Lead team (direct and matrixed) to achieve revenue and growth goals.
- Create and execute the right operating rhythms internally and with partners to achieve shared goals.
- Work with a diverse, cross-functional team to develop and evangelize MineralTree solutions that drive growth for our partners and deliver positive customer and business results.
- Work with MineralTree’s marketing organization to drive demand generation, solution messaging, presentation materials, solution briefs, digital assets, technical marketing and training materials that help our partners accelerate sales.
- Evangelize bank channel needs internally across all functions.
- Convey MineralTree’s value proposition and relationship value across partner organizations.
- Ensure partners are equipped with necessary training, collateral and support to properly represent MineralTree to their internal stakeholders and end customers
- Develop a deep understanding of partner organizations and map out overall market opportunity as well as annual forecast
- Cultivate, manage and execute on joint pipeline with partners on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with MineralTree product management team to ensure product evolution will allow for goal attainment
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred
- Executive presence and a networking skill set
- Must be passionate about developing strategic relationships
- Minimum of five years leadership experience in channel management / partner development / reseller alliances
- Proven track record of scaling channel partner-based distribution
- P&L management experience highly desirable
- Experience leading a direct and matrixed team towards achievement of company goals
- Familiarity with accounting and finance practices preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment selling into both established as well as new markets
- Experience successfully carrying and making/exceeding a partner sales quota
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple partnership engagements simultaneously
- Easily convey business and technical value of MineralTree offering
- Ability to influence partners and their constituents for adequate mind share and execution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills being a must
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.