General Ledger Senior Accountant at Nuance
Under general supervision of the General Ledger Senior Manager, the Senior Accountant will be an integral and critical member of our 10+person general ledger team for Nuance North America divisions. He/she will be responsible for processing and reviewing GL transactions, including but not limited to ASC 842 lease accounting, inventory, bad debt reserve, etc. He/she will also be an important player in reviewing and guiding the shared service team towards the correct direction. This is an exciting opportunity for accounting professional who is seeking to work and learn with the newest accounting policies in a fast changing corporate environment with exposures to different accounting/business areas. This role will begin working remotely, but will work out of our Burlington, MA facility once we return to working from our offices sometime later in 2021.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation for the GL monthly/quarterly close process
- Participate in the balance sheet reconciliation and review process on a monthly basis
- Assist in support of Internal and External Audits
- Review and own ASC 842 lease accounting
- Compile and own bad debt reserve processes for total company
- Coordinate/manage GL activities with the India shared service team
- Support process improvement initiatives and acquisition/structure changes
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance related area.
Years of work Experience: 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (Advanced level) and ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously and multi-task
- Strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Strong Analytic skills
- Ability to be a participating member in a cooperative work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities in a diverse environment
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.