FP&A Team Analyst - Global Compensation
We are looking for a high-achieving and talented finance professional to focus on global compensation within the FP&A team at a rapidly growing SaaS company. Successful candidates will possess a combination of strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail, master of Excel, and a customer service mindset. This position will report to the VP of Finance and will focus on variable compensation with added responsibilities in other FP&A areas. Variable compensation is a large part of our monthly expenses and comes with a lot of complexity and day-to-day issues. The successful candidate will have a "roll-up-the-sleeves" attitude, be able to multitask and be ready to thrive in a very fast-paced startup environment.
- Collaborate with FP&A, HR, and other teams to calculate and administer variable compensation across the company (commissions, MBO, draws, bonuses)
- Establish commission plans and MBO plans for sales reps and other employees with variable compensation in coordination with the VP of Finance, CFO, CRO, and CEO
- Build spreadsheets or implement systems that clearly communicate compensation to stakeholders, include sales reps or DataRobot management team members
- Proactively dig into data issues that may be impacting the calculation of commission or other variable compensation
- Use a solution-oriented mindset to fix problems that arise and continually optimize the variable compensation process
- Review monthly financials to ensure the correct amount of compensation has been accrued for
- Communicate periodic compensation calculations to sales reps and other stakeholders with strong attention to customer service
- Maintain compensation calendar and ensure a predictable and transparent process
- Analyze operating and financial results as part of the monthly forecast process and ensure accurate and timely compensation reporting and forecasting
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data
- Participate in cross-functional business projects and perform ad hoc analyses as required
- Work collaboratively across teams, providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- 3-5 years total work experience in finance, consulting, analysis, or strategy type roles
- A basic understanding of accounting and financial concepts as demonstrated by a bachelor’s degree, an MBA, or relevant work experience
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, analysis, or related concepts (like building financial models at an investment bank or consulting firm)
- Master of Excel with knowledge of advanced formulas and the ability to research unknown formulas/methods that are needed to solve various tasks
- Genuine willingness and temperament to work for a high energy and rapidly growing start-up
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that enable clear and concise communication to all levels of the organization
- Superb attention to detail and an ability to identify gaps in data/processes and communicate effectively through a customer service mindset
- Ability to identify and fix issues wherever they arise. Successful candidates are usually proactive, self-motivated, and analytical
Systems We Use: Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce, NetSuite, Namely, Chart.io.
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.