• A degree in Business, Strategy, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
• 3-5 years of experience
• Experience in a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, private equity or venture capital firm
• Technology industry experience is an asset
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong modeling experience
• Expertise or desire to learn SQL and in general, using programing as a tool to scale and solve problems
• Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency, and ideally Tableau
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
About the job
Hopper is an insight driven organization, and nobody at the company is passionate about numbers like our Finance team. As an FP&A Manager, your day-to-day job, whether it’s building financial models or performing an in-depth analysis on a trend you discovered searching in our data warehouse, will be towards helping our business leaders make sound financial decisions. You will understand our customers and business drivers deeply, enabling you to contribute to shaping our revenue growth and strategy. In Finance, we are both the forest and the leaves, meaning that you need to be obsessed with details and capture the nuances behind the numbers while always understanding the bigger picture. You are also a business driven person, not afraid of wearing the analytics and strategy hats at the same time. You are also competent in SQL (or eager to learn) and like playing with huge data sets, destiling insights and ways of thinking about the future.
- Help business leaders make better decisions by enabling them through data and deep understanding of financial trade-offs
- Create, update and maintain financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare internal reports for business leaders supporting their decision making
- Perform analysis of financial and operational drivers to craft our short and long term strategic plan
- Work on Finance related optimization initiatives
- Identify and help lead initiatives to continuously improve and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Collaborate with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Not be afraid to learn or improve your SQL / Big Query to be able to access, manage and gain insights directly from data
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.