FP&A Financial Associate at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
We are seeking an FP&A Associate who will support broad initiatives including financial consolidation, cross-functional collaboration, business forecasting, financial reporting, and strategic initiatives. The Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. The FP&A team has a significant impact in supporting the business and we are looking to growth the team!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support the Finance team through financial consolidation including monthly forecasts, annual budget planning, and monthly close, partnering closely with the accounting team, to provide accurate financial reporting
- Influence strategic decision-making through financial analysis, with a focus on financial planning, and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Build sophisticated financial models and synthesize outputs into concise presentations to drive executive and board decision making processes
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Develop sustainable and rigorous processes for ongoing financial reporting and review
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a combination of financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, investment banking or private equity
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail; effective time management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment while maintaining high standards of work quality
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience is advantageous
*Bread puns encouraged but not required