Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Our Nuance Enterprise division finance team is seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst to provide support for our Professional Services organization, our best-in-class delivery team. This Sr. FP&A Analyst will support the management of the organization’s P&L: multi-year, annual plan and quarterly reforecasts for bookings, revenue, headcount, etc. This role will assist the Finance Manager with enhancing the reporting integrity of this line of business (correct business line attribution, relationship with maintenance & support organization, unit economics, growth metrics, KPIs).
This role also involves working cross-divisionally to support financial planning and analysis activities required for other general Enterprise functions (R&D, Division Marketing). We are looking for a team player that is willing to roll up their sleeves, eager to learn and grow, and comfortable dealing with changes. This position will report to the Finance Manager and will work collaboratively with the other Finance team members.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop strong working relationship with the Business Unit Operations team, collectively working to form bookings and revenue forecasts, reviewing actuals and subsequent deviations, linking capacity planning and gross margin realization, and conducting monthly and quarterly variance analysis to ensure expenses are planned and justified
- Analyzing plans and forecasts to identify risks and opportunities to the projections
- Manage monthly and quarterly close; analyzing accounting activity to confirm accuracy (including accruals, deferrals, allocated labor, project amortization, FX treatment, ASC 606 vs. 605 SSP allocations, etc.).
- Partner with business unit Operations and accounting teams to identify and solve root causes of financial and operational issues
- Heavy focus on headcount planning, hiring optionality, cost-savings measures, and margin remediation and growth.
- Manage inflow of hiring requisitions, ensuring departmental and regional accuracy, as well as financial comparability to forecast
- Review PO approvals as needed, ensuring proposed spend is in line with forecast and budget expectations
- Partner with functional leaders to develop fiscal year budget and quarterly forecasts, while considering inter-quarter updates and the impact on profitability
- Prepare financial reporting to business partners & internal finance functions on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis, ensuring strong knowledge of natural account logistics and system rollup dependencies
- General support for any ad hoc requests or projects on an as-needed basis (Quarterly Business Reviews, helping with report pulls, participating in monthly close process)
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
Education: Bachelor’s degree- preferably in Finance
Years of Experience: 3+ years
- Previous FP&A role experience owning a cost or profit center
- Direct experience planning and influencing revenue and bookings
- Experience supporting headcount planning and budget management against hiring plans (ideally including on-shore/off-shore strategies)
- Strong experience in gap analysis including accruals and deferrals
- Proactive approach to work – uncovering opportunities to improve upon existing processes
- High MS Excel proficiency - VLookups, Pivot Tables
- Solid experience working within Finance ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, Hyperion, SAP)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail with accountability to deadlines
- Experience working in high-tech solutions firm - ideally SaaS-based solutions
- Interest in Nuance core technologies: Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing/Understanding, Machine Learning
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.