Fixed Income Research Consultant at MassMutual
A few key objectives of this role
- Set portfolio structure - Structure asset classes and portfolios to enhance various investment and financial metrics.
- Support and guide outside investment managers - Direct and coordinate with various outside investment managers to implement actions and incorporate and record a wide variety of financial and investment metrics.
- Collaborate across business function - Coordinate with MassMutual’s Corporate Financial and Risk Management divisions in gathering investment metrics for periodic financial planning and forecasting.
- Drive innovation – With a deep expertise on the fundamentals of various investment asset classes, learn and master new and emerging data technology and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions in investment reporting.
- Analysis & decisions - Proactively identify risks and opportunities within the investment opportunity set. Make pro-active recommendations on relative value opportunities within various asset classes with an emphasis on fixed-income securities.
- Outside Manager Communication - Gather and co-ordinate a wide range of investment information and metrics from various outside existing and prospective investment managers. Provide investment guidance to the outside managers on the varied requirements of the insurance investment accounts.
- Risk management - Develop knowledge of risk-based capital charges and NAIC ratings and developing processes at origination and classification to augment RBC ratios.
- Continuous Improvement - Work on projects with varying levels of complexity and diversity supporting a wide range of stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience with investments.
- Excellent communication skills, change & innovation orientation, strategic thinking, and the ability to formulate effective relationships.
- Effectively use data manipulation and visualization.
- Advanced degree in Finance or Business Administration.
- CFA designation (or proven progress towards completion).
- Possessing, or the ability to develop, a working knowledge of financial modelling.