Financial Underwriting Representative 3 - Work at Home - US (Limited Term Position) at Humana Studio_h
The Financial Underwriting Representative 3 computes rates for both renewing and prospective moderate to complex group accounts. The Financial Underwriting Representative 3 performs advanced administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment. May apply intermediate mathematical skills.
The Financial Underwriting Representative 3 prepares a variety of financial reports for small company accounts and provides rationale and support to other areas within the organization regarding rate computations and financial activity. Provides expense estimates and accurate analysis of financial exhibits. Decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations, quality standards, priorities and timing, and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
- Gathering and receiving customer information via phone/fax/email to complete quoting request.
- Responsible for producing new baseline or existing business quotes.
- Responsible for entering personal information for risk assessment analysis and determining if it’s competitive or non-competitive based on a provided matrix.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of financial analysis or underwriting experience.
- Experience with high-volume data entry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently.
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required.
- Associate degree.
- Experience analyzing a wide variety of health or claims related data.
- Sales and/or underwriting support experience preferred.
- Knowledge of health insurance industry is a plus.
Seasonal Humana associates may work any number of hours, depending on the business needs, for a limited period of time (usually from 1 up to a 180 days).
Due to training requirements, attendance for 7 – 8 weeks of training is mandatory.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.