Financial Underwriting Representative 3 (Limited Term Position) Work at Home at Humana Studio_h
The Financial Underwriting Representative 3 computes rates for both renewing and prospective moderate to complex group accounts. The Financial Underwriting Representative 3 performs advanced administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment. May apply intermediate mathematical skills.
The Financial Underwriting Representative 3 prepares a variety of financial reports for small accounts and provides rationale and support to other areas within the organization and to clients regarding rate computations and financial activity. Provides expense estimates and accurate analysis of financial exhibits. Decisions are typically focus on methods, tactics and processes for completing administrative tasks/projects. Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in prioritizing requests and interpreting and adapting procedures, processes and techniques, and works under limited guidance due to previous experience/breadth and depth of knowledge of administrative processes and organizational knowledge.
This position is 100% telephonic based.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of financial analysis or underwriting experience.
- Experience with high-volume data entry.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently.
- Must have the ability to provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required.
- Associates working in the state of Arizona must comply with the Tobacco Free Hiring Policy (see details below under Additional Information) and upon offer will be subjected to nicotine testing as part of a 10 panel drug test
- Associate degree
- Experience analyzing a wide variety of health or claims related data.
- Sales and/or underwriting support experience preferred.
- Knowledge of health insurance industry is a plus.
Seasonal Humana associates may work any number of hours, depending on the business needs, for a limited period (usually from 1 up to 180 days).
Due to training requirements, attendance for the 6 weeks of training is mandatory.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
The following policy applies ONLY to associates working in the state of Arizona:
Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.