Financial Reporting & Analysis Specialist (Hybrid) (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Management & Financial Statement Reporting Team
Springfield, MA or Boston, MA (Hybrid)
We seek an energetic, motivated, and skilled Financial Reporting & Analysis Associate to join our team. As a Financial Reporting & Analysis Specialist, you will be part of an interdisciplinary reporting and analysis team in our Controller's department that can execute on accounting principles' disclosure requirements while leveraging key reporting systems to optimize, compile, analyze audited statements and management reports, while coordinating with internal customers as well as external auditors.
The Management, Statutory Audited and Regulatory Reporting team is part of MassMutual's Corporate Finance Organization. The team is motivated by challenging work that delivers substantial impact in a culture of accountability and collaboration. Team members are energized to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting data to internal and external customers while successfully executing on financial reporting controls. Our team is a collaborative team that supports cross-functional strategic initiatives across the enterprise, optimization and oversees our business partners' results. We appreciate a diverse team and leveraging diverse thought to optimize processes and build strong relationships.
As a Financial Reporting & Analysis Specialist, you will manage the delivery of statutory audited financial statements, supporting management through discussion/analysis and collaborate with internal and external customers to execute on financial reporting controls. To accomplish this, you will:
- Demonstrate business acumen to interpret statutory reporting requirements to timely and accurately produce audited statement reports for key constituents including Senior Management, External Auditors, Regulatory bodies, and the Board of Directors
- Monitor executing and documenting key controls, including, but not limited to statement tie-outs, financial statement line items and disclosure fluctuations, quality assurance validations and review, proper sing-offs on inputs from dependent sources
- Supervise offshore team members to timely and accurately prepare, review and submit financial reports for management review
- Work in a fast paced and agile work environment to meet or exceed deadlines
- Maximize the value and optimize reports created by the team
- Prepare insightful analysis to convey the underlying story to the key constituents timely, in a clear and concise manner
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policies, competitive landscape, and emerging trends
- Lead and participate complex cross-functional projects, such as regulatory reporting required for new products
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiencies within the reporting processes beyond the scope of responsibilities listed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience working with audited statements, including disclosures OR 3 years working experience with audited statutory and GAAP reporting in life insurance companies.
- Strong demonstrated financial analysis and reporting background
- Experience with general ledger reporting cubes and warehouses; and the ability to gather data elements from various sources
- Knowledge of tools, applications, and/or queries to create and configure new reports, dashboards & decision-making analytics
- Skilled in validating and test data & reports to ensure accuracy and quality
- Other competencies required include customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of advanced insurance and investment statutory accounting principles
- Expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA or advanced degree in accounting
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.