Financial Controls and Governance Analyst
The Corporate Finance Organization, as a trusted partner, has the mission of maximizing our potential to deliver policyowner value through financially based solutions and guidance. We are striving towards creating optimal organizational effectiveness, optimizing transactions, supporting a platform for innovative insights and are looking for people that will embrace our agile and diverse learning culture. We support our employees by providing resources, training, tools and a culture that values their contributions. We also provide many options to help employees find balance in their daily lives. We have been around for a very long time because we prioritize our customers, invest in our employees and make sure that we are at the forefront of industry innovation. Your work will help our customers secure their future and protect the ones they love- we all play our part.
To help us achieve our mission, we are hiring a Financial Controls and Governance Analyst to join our team!
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Financial Controls and Governance Analyst candidate is someone who has knowledge of internal control oversight, can analyze and solve problems efficiently and has experience with financial and operational process documentation. You’ll use your skills to support the financial controls and related monitoring of governance of the CFO organization. You’ll also have had experience being hands on with identifying control deficiencies and reporting considerations.
Your experience with the economics and management of an external audit process will also be a plus as external audit oversight is a large part of this role!
This position will be an individual contributor role, who will have the ability to work independently and with management on highly visible, divisional/cross-divisional complex projects and will report directly to the Head of Business Unit Controllership. This individual will be critical in supporting the financial controls and related monitoring and governance of the CFO organization.
Objectives of this role
- The team’s focus is legal entity and business unit results, as well as legal entity and business financial reporting accuracy controls and oversight.
- External audit oversight and economics
- Identify financial reporting risk issues, evaluate for deficiency considerations and consult with control owners with remediation plans
- Co-develop a comprehensive structure to oversee and evaluate the control activities within Controllers
- Co-develop and oversee a quality review of internal control testing performed within Controllers
Support the team to:
- Improve the standardization of control deficiency assessment and remediation plan development
- Improve the effectiveness of control execution by performing targeted quality review testing
- Timely review of subsidiary control reports for evaluation of deficiencies impacting Controllers
- Improved timing and coordination of the external audit to remove activities out of the year end
- Partner with KPMG to develop an efficient and timely audit plan
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 5+ years of audit or relevant business experience are required
- Intermediate knowledge of internal control oversight, and financial and operational process documentation
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate internal controls, analyze and solve problems, and express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of business ethics
- The candidate must be comfortable working within a highly collaborative broader functional team across Controllers and business unit personnel
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship both now or in the future
- Recent public accounting experience is a plus!
- Professional certifications such as a CPA