We’re looking for a hands-on, self-starting, collaborative and experienced Controller for our Finance team. This person will play a key role in supporting the Executive Team in guiding business decisions, and is expected to work closely with department heads to help provide budget visibility and insights.
The Controller will also be responsible for managing Placester’s financial operations and performing financial analysis and reporting. This will include budgeting, overseeing the annual audit, tax returns, and 409a valuations, financial planning and preparing financial statements, filings and reports. The Controller will manage treasury functions as well, including bank account management, cash flow monitoring, and credit facilities compliance.
Placester is a venture-backed start-up that provides easy-to-use software empowering real estate agents and brokers to build modern, beautiful websites and capture and manage leads. Currently serving three in five real estate professionals in the U.S., Placester is a proud technology partner to leading real estate brands across North America, and the sole website provider for the REALTOR Benefits® Program, the official member benefits program of the National Association of REALTORS®. To date, Placester has raised $100 million in funding.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual closing of the GL and all sub-ledgers, including all journal entries and reconciliations.
- Preparing and filling out taxes, managing general accounting functions, employee expenses and payroll
- Managing our international subsidiaries and transfer pricing.
- GAAP financial statements, including footnotes.
- Work with auditors to complete clean audit in timely manner.
- Maintain the cap table (through Carta) and coordinate the 409a valuation annually.
- Report against financial plans and models for department heads.
- Work with other teams to Produce financial plans and analysis to department heads and Executive team.
- Self-directed and do not require a hands-on leader in order to perform your work. You proactively bring issues and recommended solutions to your senior leadership.
- Execution gives you the thrill, and you work hard to deliver with a strong sense of urgency.
- No ego with high ownership. We’re a start-up and need to be resourceful to get things done, even if it’s not
- Integrity and sensitivity to confidentiality inform your actions and decisions every day.
- Your communication and work styles are candid and precise. In a start-up with limited resources, we need to communicate and work as quickly and effectively as possible.
- You are comfortable working in a role that partners closely with human resources. Ideally, you have prior experience launching and/or overseeing payroll, a 401(k) program, and a stock options program using a tool like Carta (formerly eShares).
- You have ideally lead the financial audit of a company or at least were intimately involved in the process.
- Monthly financial reporting including actual to budget variance analysis is rote for you.
- You have spent at least seven years in progressively responsible accounting roles.
- You have prior experience managing accounting operations in a mid-sized company and/or in a high-growth environment is required.
- FP&A experience not required, but nice to have