This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our high-performing Boston based team. The Financial Analyst reviews small and medium-sized businesses to determine their creditworthiness. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for determining the approval amount for working capital financing.
In this role you will:
- Assess customers’ creditworthiness while understanding customers’ business needs, opportunities and challenges.
- Analyze and interpret small business data to identify risk management and business profitability.
- Strategically position financing options to satisfy the needs of small business owners.
- Consult with internal sales reps and external partners to offer appealing small business financing options.
- Review documentation and customer’s business operations to confidently issue underwriting terms and decisions.
- Assess returning customer’s portfolio performance to offer more attractive financing options
- Work collaboratively with product, sales and management team on important initiatives to identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Review and analyze the funding process to document current procedures and create underwriting guidelines.
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Competitiveness: The job exists within a demanding environment where consistently winning is critical. The job demands tenacity, boldness, assertiveness and a “will to win” in dealing with highly competitive situations.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Judgement: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence: The ability to develop and maintain inner strength based on desire to succeed; a person’s belief that he or she possesses the capabilities to succeed.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business/Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience (financial or trend analytics preferred)
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants
Read Full Job Description