Financial Analyst at Nuance
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
At Nuance Automotive, we’re futurists, re-imagining what’s possible at the intersection of humans, mobility and machines – then making it happen. If you’re ready to be a part of building and delivering the ultimate, future-ready mobility experience that is miles ahead of the competition, you should join us. Building on our deep expertise and unparalleled innovation, we are accelerating the pace of change and transforming the in-car cockpit. We’ve reimagined and redefined the mobility experience, creating a new standard that goes beyond driving to a connected and informed world. Today, we’re shrinking the gap between the driver and the automobile, transforming the machine into a natural extension of the human inside.
While we’re busy building the next generation of the in-car user experience, we’re also focused on the next step: spinning off from Nuance into a new, independent, publicly traded company that will be solely focused on the growing mobility assistant market and its adjacent opportunities – autonomous cars, smart cities, enhanced shared mobility, and more – that are on the horizon. Our new company will be a fast-moving, innovative organization that will use our 20-year history as a springboard to the next level. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Nuance Automotive.
The Corporate Finance team at Nuance is seeking a Finance Manager in our Burlington office. This role will be responsible for driving the weekly revenue and bookings forecast process, as well as supporting both the quarterly Guidance/Earnings cadence and annual revenue and bookings planning/target setting activities. This role offers an unparalleled level of visibility for a Finance Manager; the incumbent will have frequent interaction with Corporate, Finance, and Division senior leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst will work cross-functionally with BU Finance, Sales Operations, Accounting, and BU Operations teams to develop, understand, and assess revenue & bookings forecasts, gross margin trending and drivers, and foreign exchange rate impacts on Nuance’s operations. We are looking for a candidate that’s comfortable not only deep diving into the numbers, but also synthesizing, summarizing, and communicating (written/PPT and verbally) their findings and recommendations. The position requires a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Drive the weekly revenue and bookings forecast process from end to end: managing inputs, communicating expectations, consolidating and synthesizing information, packaging the information for executive review, and providing an independent assessment of the business’ outlook.
- Partner with BU Finance, Sales Operations, Accounting, and BU Operations to understand key business drivers, new dynamics in the business, risks, and opportunities. Leverage these findings to produce insightful commentary and actionable insights for Corporate, Finance, and Divisions senior leadership.
- Support the quarterly Guidance and Earnings cadence with both retrospective analysis as well as prospective-focused outlooks; conduct ad-hoc analysis to support senior leadership in better understanding business drivers, allowing them to effectively relay Nuance’s value proposition to the market.
- Support the development of the annual operating plan and revenue and bookings target setting processes, balancing trends, risks, and opportunities in the business lines with corporate growth goals.
- Maintain a set of data-driven models, dashboards, and reports, while continuously looking for ways to improve their functionality.
- In conjunction with Accounting, BU Finance, and Sales Operations, support the quarterly royalty accrual process.
- On a monthly basis, assess the impact of fluctuations of foreign exchange rates on Nuance’s operations.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting. Advanced degree and/or certification (MBA, MSF, MSA, CFA, CPA) preferred
Minimum years of work experience: 8
- Expert level in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, complex ‘IF’ statements, and dashboard creation)
- Comfortable wearing multiple hats, ranging from leading finance discussions to working with data to provide thoughtful analysis
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement – a “right first time” approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills. Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to navigate SalesForce or a comparable CRM system
- Experience either creating, or maintaining Excel macros (VBA)
- Familiarity with the component parts of the P&L, able to assess changes in bookings/revenue and their corresponding impacts to margins and profits
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.