Financial Analyst - Cost of Sales at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is looking for a Financial Analyst who will be a key contributor to the Corporate FP&A team. Reporting to the Manager of FP&A and supporting the Research and Development group, the Analyst will help with all aspects of the annual budget, monthly/quarterly reporting, forecasting, system enhancements and business partnering, with a special focus on Cost of Revenue.
The role will interact with senior leadership as well as other key stakeholders to provide support and guidance on financial performance and to deliver financial results. In addition to regular reporting, the analyst will work on various projects to help better understand the financial impact of key initiatives and support decision making. The analyst will work closely with members of the R&D organization at Klaviyo to help track progress against budget and forecast and to understand the organization’s future spend and product plans. The ideal analyst will also have experience working with and enhancing financial planning tools to help the team better position to scale reporting and analytics.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Prepare monthly and quarterly deliverables including management reporting packages, board presentations and financial summaries
- Engage with Product, Design, and Engineering teams to forecast and manage product profitability, incorporating key elements of cloud infrastructure expenses
- Be a true partner - become the go-to person for financial and analytical support, thinking and going beyond budget variance and expense management to help the business achieve operational goals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to review financial performance and to understand changes in the business that impact the forecast.
- Gather information and data to build financial models that generate meaningful insights
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
Who You Are
- You have a BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related major.
- You must have 1-3 years of experience in an FP&A or related role
- You have knowledge of public cloud service provider (AWS/GCP/Azure) products and pricing
- You’re able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time, you can still see the bigger picture
- You have advanced spreadsheet skills and experience with financial planning tools (Adaptive Insights experience preferred)
- You’ve got excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’re capable of communicating complex financial information in a way that’s easy to understand.
- You can manage multiple priorities and complete tasks with minimum supervision
- You have strong problem-solving abilities and ownership mindset
- You must have the ability to analyze and visualize financial data and prepare concise reports and strong communication skills to assist management in understanding financial performance and KPIs.
- You have experience with the SaaS business model
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.