Finance Manager at SmartBear
Quality isn’t just a goal. It’s the whole point.
Our customers are under a lot of pressure to deliver great software. But to compress lifecycles, add features, and compete in a world where ‘every company is now a software company’ is hard. And one mistake can mean their reputation, even future. That’s why it’s our mission to help. At any part of their software development lifecycle (SDLC), we provide the tools and discipline to focus on quality while streamlining their processes. So our customers can create and deploy software that works as designed – especially when it’s needed most. And we’re looking for people to join us.
Due to massive growth and market success, SmartBear is continuing to hire employees rapidly to scale our company globally. Reporting directly to the Director of FP&A, the Finance Manager will act as a strategic business partner to the company’s leadership and be responsible for advancing a multi-year finance strategy in partnership with the Director of FP&A and SVP of Finance.
- Responsible for monthly expense reporting for executive leadership team
- Assist with annual expense planning and quarterly forecasting for a specific set of departments
- Work collaboratively with budget owners to understand investment strategies and bridge monthly expense trends to budget
- Help drive efficiency and automation with quarterly and monthly BOD reporting
- Assist with post-acquisition integration efforts as needed
- Assist with the annual Sales Billing Planning & Forecasting
- Provide Ad hoc analysis in relation to customer billings analysis
- Assist in the implementation of a Finance Planning tool
- Analyzing data, reporting, and analysis
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, and product functions to provide financial analysis
- Responsible for assisting in the Monthly Close analysis and reporting relative to Sales billings.
- Responsible for assisting in the Quarterly Close Analysis / Reporting: including Quarterly Flash (Forecast and Final) and BOD Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Management reporting decks
- Drive continuous improvement within the FP&A team to streamline processes and improve communication to the business
- Work collaboratively with accounting team in order to provide support during Close cycles, to ensure alignment of analytics and reporting with budget and forecast elements
- BA/BS in Finance or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; proficient in Excel
- Prior experience with NetSuite a plus
- Prior experience with an EPM tool a plus
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, high demand, results oriented environment
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.