Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company. We use that data to continually enrich our solutions, maximizing our customers' opportunities while minimizing driver distraction.
The Finance Manager position within the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) department is a critical role connecting the FP&A team with Accounting and the key business functions within the Agero organization. The person in this role will lead the Contact/Call Center expense reporting and forecasting – a key function within Agero’s Service delivery. The manager will also be responsible for the consolidation of the complete Agero P&L. This responsibility includes understanding the drivers across the full P&L, working with the rest of the FP&A team to generate the insights into performance, and tell the story around results. Additionally, this person will work with Accounting to make sure FP&A reporting is well coordinated with accounting and responsible for setting the schedule for close plus all forecasts. The Finance Manager will report to the VP of Finance (FP&A).
- Become the leader on the FP&A team for reporting the results monthly and driving reporting improvements across all areas of the P&L.
- Develop strong business partnership with COO and VP of Contact Centers. Take on all Contact Center reporting, modeling, and performance tracking.
- Build strong relationships with the Agero Controller and Accounting organization to be the go to person on the team for resolving Accounting questions and working towards ownership of the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Forecasting.
- Understands the full P&L performance and can tell the story around the results on a monthly and year-to-date basis.
- Manage and coordinate the reporting and forecasting of the Agero Contact Center costs. Key business partners include the COO and VP of Contact Center.
- Coordinates and manages the schedule for the annual plan, strategic plan and quarterly forecasts, providing insightful analytics and reporting.
- Responsible for the scheduling and managing the full close cycle.
- Establishes and manages procedures, goals, and priorities relating to financial management, budget, forecast and/or accounting while owning the process to ensure accurate accounting recognition practices.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various internal and external financial statements and reports.
- Provides thought leadership on key initiatives to meet company objectives.
- Delivers insightful dashboards to internal customers, providing top level snapshots on key performance indicators.
- Maintains a formal pulse on risks and opportunities and partners with team on appropriate actions required to minimize or offset risks and maximize opportunities.
- Acts as a catalyst for change, driving continuous improvement in efficiency, customer service and analytical support for strategic priorities.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel of all levels including senior leadership.
- Support a variety of special projects which could include working on Key Initiatives, Mergers and Acquisitions, and due diligence analysis presenting ROI and other key metric analyses to Senior Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
EDUCATION: College degree or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years’ experience. 3 years of project or supervisory management experience Excellent history of cross functional interaction including but not limited to contact/call centers, technology, corporate controller, financial reporting, product development, delivery operations, legal, customer relations and sales.
SKILLS: Detail oriented, organized, conscientious, strong written and oral communication skills, and strong analytical ability. Strong financial modeling capability.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interfaces with internal and customers at all levels.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: May require additional hours and duties.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.