- Lead the month end close process and regularly upgrade the approach to ensure it effectively meets the changing requirements of a high growth business
- Manage existing staff accountant and proactively build team to ensure appropriate resources are in place to support business growth
- Run annual Audit with Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Partner with Finance Director and CFO on global tax and treasury operations
- Initiate and lead ad hoc projects and analysis focused on improving efficiencies across the organization
- You are that rare cross between the analytical and creative, with the ability to come up with big ideas.
- Super Smart – Highly versatile thinker who can assimilate knowledge and understanding across different products, technologies, disciplines, etc.
- Team-Oriented – Comfortable working in a team of highly-qualified, technical and motivated employees
- Flexible and Resourceful – Thrives in a dynamic, growth business where new challenges are the order of the day
- Innovative – Comes up with novel ideas and approaches to new opportunities that set us apart from the crowd and result in exceptional performance
- Communicator – Effective at verbal and written communication – can translate complex ideas simply
- Collaborative – Incredibly effective with people, e.g., knows how to understand and learn from people, motivates enthusiasm and can drive decision-making
Experience / Attributes:
- 5 - 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a high tech environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to deliver timely and accurate product in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven success in previous position(s)
- Experience with SaaS based financial and accounting software required
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of audit experience at a public accounting firm (Big4)
- Significant experience running the Month-end close process
Benefits & Perks:
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips.
- Incredible benefits package 100% paid for by the company including Medical, Dental, Vision, Medical Deductible Reimbursements, Disability & Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance and Pet Insurance
- 401(k) with company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Monthly Tax-Free Cell Phone allowanceFlexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Generous and Fair Parental LeaveCasual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)
About Us LevelUp connects restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. LevelUp brings its technology to market in multiple ways: embedded into partner restaurant apps to provide a full-stack customer engagement solution; via an open developer platform that powers over 200 mobile apps; and through the LevelUp's partner distribution channels, which lets consumers order ahead and avoid the line at their favorite lunch spots using the apps already on their phone. Based in Boston, MA, LevelUp is backed by leading investors such as Google Ventures, Highland Capital and JPMorgan Chase and powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Chase Pay, Pret A Manger, Potbelly, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Equinox, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea & sweetgreen. LevelUp is used by over 12MM customers paying at over 100,000 locations nationwide. LevelUp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.