Finance Business Partner
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a trusted finance professional to partner directly with Senior Leadership. In this role, you will be in a unique position with high visibility into the overall business. In addition to driving a financial planning and analysis efforts, you’ll have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives to help drive strategic decisions. This role is a key component of the Finance team at Toast. The right candidate for this role will demonstrate strong collaboration skills, financial aptitude and excellent business intuition.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Sophisticated financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Think strategically and then execute; this role is as much about building the model as it is about operationalizing the results
- Act as a project manager for strategic initiatives
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or management consulting
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- MBA a plus
- Strong systems skills with experience in cloud-based ERP/Financial System with preference towards NetSuite, Adaptive Planning and Salesforce
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R