Finance Associate - Acquisitions & Integration at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:37 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Thrasio is looking for a finance professional who is eager to solve complex problems and work on a varied and growing portfolio of leading consumer products. You will have opportunities to participate cross-functional initiatives, help develop best practices, and support the finance team in its successful onboarding of e-commerce acquisitions. We are looking for someone who is a rare combination of creative and analytical and is looking to work in a dynamic environment where new challenges are always emerging.
- Member of the finance team supporting the due diligence process of prospective acquisitions and integration of recently acquired companies.
- Support the onboarding of new deals in terms of SKU cost analysis, inventory position (AMZ, 3PL, in-transit), revenue/receivables, and other key components to establish beginning balances for reporting purposes.
- Maintain deal earn-out calendar and assist in keeping the earn-out process current and accurate.
- Ensuring payment to sellers are timely and accurate (helping to maintain and enhance Thrasio’s reputation in the seller community).
- Assist in ad hoc projects and initiatives related to periodic financial reporting, including completion of complex accounting reconciliations.
- Successfully balance the operating and financial dynamics of each department (e.g., strategic plans and objectives, nature and timing of business cycles, drivers of financial performance).
What you bring to the party:
- Minimum of one year of experience as an external Auditor with a Professional Services Firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline & record of strong academic achievement.
- Proficiency with excel.
- Achievement of (or progress towards) relevant professional certification (e.g., CPA or similar) is a plus.
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to deliver timely, accurate results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with finance leadership as well as external stakeholders and sellers.
- An analytical thinker who can quickly understand information and needs across a variety of products, technologies, and disciplines.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.