Equity Quantitative Strategist
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Equity Quantitative Strategist to join our team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Quantitative Strategist you’ll have an opportunity to contribute research and views on the equity index markets in support of MassMutual’s Variable Annuity and Macro Equity hedging programs . In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like:
- Create quantitative frameworks to optimize and analyze investment/hedging strategies for equity indices
- Develop and deepen expertise with currencies to aid in the management of MassMutual’s currency hedging program
- Collaborate with team members to advance the progress of a multi-year initiative to modernize and enhance MassMutual Investment Management’s risk analytics and reporting platform
- Deepen the department’s relationship with MassMutual’s Data Science team to enrich research efforts with large data sets and drive common interests
- Work with Enterprise Risk Management to provide model validation and program oversight support
What your days and weeks will include:
The Equity Quantitative Strategist will be a member of the Quantitative Research and Development (R&D) team within Investment Management’s Portfolio Management group. The candidate will provide color on relevant market events and look to create and test quantitative equity strategies that can aid the portfolio management team in its decision process. The position requires strong subject matter expertise in quantitative methods, equity index derivatives and Python development. The Strategist will also work with developers and other team members to enhance MassMutual Investment Management’s analytics platform to further our overall mission to increase policyholder value.
The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Degree in math, statistics, computer science, quantitative finance, or engineering
- Strong statistical skills
- 7+ years of relevant work experience – deep understanding of option greeks and uses of both listed and OTC equity index options along with delta one instruments (futures, TRS) in portfolio management
- Deep understanding of implied volatility and relative value analysis and familiarity with modeling non-vanilla derivatives
- Ability to deliver equity market insights that can be converted into tradable portfolio management strategies
- Programming proficiency in Python, SQL, and VBA
- Bias towards continuous improvement
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Graduate degree from top tier school
- Experience in a market risk setting at an insurance company, asset manager, bank, or hedge fund
- Familiarity with nuances of variable annuity products