Director - Senior M&A Deal Lead at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is seeking a Senior M&A Deal Lead to source, negotiate, structure, and execute impactful acquisitions and investments across all stages of the evaluation and acquisition process; this person will also be responsible for informing our strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers. This role will partner closely with the Head of Corporate Development, M&A Integration and leaders across Toast’s Business Units and. This person acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments and leads larger M&A deals and investments with occasional strategic guidance and supervision.
To be successful, you will have to be able to juggle multiple deal-related responsibilities in parallel, anticipate challenges and corresponding corrective actions, and be very flexible and organized. We would expect you to be articulate, sensible, able to coordinate with other peers and senior executives, and collaborate and deliver results in a fast-paced environment where teamwork, professionalism, confidentiality, and communication are essential.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work cross-functionally with Toast Business Unit leaders to understand key priorities and current gaps, find relevant acquisition or investment opportunities to fill these gaps, assist them with competitive insights on changing market trends or conditions, and assist functions to streamline and document processes as it relates to diligence
- Push boundaries by presenting on new and emerging areas and white spaces
- Report on M&A and investment pipeline to the deal executives and key stakeholders
- Maintain relationships with startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform product strategy and stay up to date with the competitive landscape
- Conduct analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide detailed guidance and insight into potential acquisitions, investments and other strategic opportunities
- Support deal negotiation, diligence and investments, including cross-functional coordination of product, engineering, legal, and other diligence supporting teams to evaluate targets
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, investment banking or corporate development experience
- Cross-functional project experience in a high technology industry
- Good working knowledge of corporate development, strategy and/or M&A experience
- Ability to think strategically about acquisition objectives and map strategy into due diligence evaluations and a comprehensive integration project plan
- Expertise with budgets and financial metrics and ratios
- Experience in the technology or financial services industries
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.