Director of Purchasing, Claims Management and AP at Agero + Swoop
Responsible for the accurate payment, reimbursement, and dispute resolution for all Agero payments, including service providers, owner reimbursement, virtual credit card reconciliation and new business initiatives. Ensures the successful implementation of these initiatives throughout the design, testing, launch and continued operations. Responsible for the implementation of and adherence to adequate payment approval process controls. Develop, launch and manage a formal purchasing function at the company. Develops and maintains a motivated claims processing and AP team. The role will closely partner with the Agero service provider network leadership team as well as other senior leaders in Finance.
• Actively leads, and participates in, a structured service provider payment operational process
• Review existing processes, structures, and systems with a focus on simplifying and standardizing them
• Implements and maintains reporting that summarizes Key Performance Indicators on SLA’s with a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers
• Develop, launch and manage a formal purchasing function at the company.
• Ensures specific service provider payable operations requirements and adequate operational controls are identified, understood and incorporated into system design, processes and related reporting.
• Participates on cross-functional teams tasked with identifying requirements, design, development and launch of both service provider initiatives.
• Participate in service provider network discussions to ensure network needs are understood and works with project team to facilitate solutions that support financial operations processes, controls and capabilities.
• Provides guidance to internal departments on all financial operations matters.
• Provide leadership to identify and escalate issues as well as resolve and recommend potential solutions.
• Works within the department to support and manage the future implementation of new claims processing system applications to meet department needs and goals.
• Maintains technical proficiency with regards to industry claims payment practices and regulatory requirements.
• Manage and lead a staff of three managers and 60+ exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Maintain a strong focus on execution and deliver short term results and successes while moving towards the long-term vision
• Partner with other internal teams to evaluate, prioritize, design and potentially transition claims processing functions to the most optimal location.
• Benchmark shared services organization against other companies to identify and implement process improvements.
• Continually improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure
• Serve as a Finance thought leader and technical resource for the department, guide and influence people, processes, and resources to support the best interests of the business. Build trusting relationships with Finance leaders and partners
• Set challenging but realistic objectives and demonstrates urgency for achieving these goals at a high standard of performance; is results-oriented in meetings and strives for closure on issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or Master’s degree in related field or advanced financial certification a plus.
EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of progressive accounting and financial operations experience. Experience with Oracle a plus.
SKILLS: Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation. Utilizes strong decision making and communication skills. Identifies problems and recommends solutions. Excellent decision-making, strategic thinking, and follow through skills. Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Able to influence others.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Ability to motivate and lead teams by example. Works in a team environment. Works closely with internal and external customers at all levels. Leads and directs the work of others. Must be able to manage internal and external client expectations as they relate to areas of responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Sets and works within deadlines. Travel may be required.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.
Agero’s mission is to safeguard consumers on the road through a unique combination of platform intelligence and human powered solutions, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their drivers. We are a leading provider of driving solutions, including roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and telematics. The company protects 115 million vehicles in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and other diversified clients. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to more than 12 million requests annually for assistance. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com and follow on Twitter @AgeroNews.