Director Pricing, SMB at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Pricing team is responsible for setting the pricing, packaging and promotional strategy across Toast’s suite of product offerings. This Director of Pricing, will be focused on location acquisition and responsible for setting and refining the pricing strategy to acquire new customers. This is a cross functional, high-impact role and will report into our Senior Director of Market Insights and Pricing. You will have the opportunity to continue to build and coach a best-in-class pricing team to support Toast’s growth and financial goals.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Evolve Toast’s platform packaging strategy based on Toast’s growing product suite and changing market dynamics
- Drive alignment with senior leadership, finance, product, marketing and sales on packaging, pricing and promotions strategy to accelerate new customer acquisition
- Develop deep understanding of value drivers and willingness to pay via quantitative pricing research, qualitative interviews and internal data analysis
- Partner with operations to identify pricing systems and operational needs and requirements to deliver our pricing strategy at scale
- Manage and build a team of pricing experts focused on packaging strategy, promotions, new product pricing and more
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong quantitative skills and experience with market research and data analysis
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, building organization consensus and managing multiple stakeholders
- Deep understanding of value based pricing and bundling strategies
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Experience leading a high performing team
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Prior experience working in SaaS or financial services strongly preferred
- Preference for a Boston-based candidate, or willingness to work in East Coast time zone
“Our Spread of Total Rewards”
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.