Director, FP&A - G&A at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready*?
Toast's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a Director who will grow and lead a team that is responsible for driving strategic partnership to the G&A organizations including HR, Recruiting, Legal, Finance, and Workplace Experience. This role will play a critical part in developing strategic partnership with the C-Suite and Senior leaders, as well as providing deep financial leadership across the finance organization. This key role will lead partnerships across the business, evaluating and driving key metrics, while performing financial analysis and modeling. They will be deeply involved in designing and preparing the financial plans and budgets, as well as analyzing, interpreting, and communicating financial information to management.
About this roll*:
- Lead and mentor team by providing financial leadership and analytical support while also driving actionable insights that drive strategic decision making for senior management team
- Be a thought partner and lead finance partner to the G&A organization and provide financial leadership to shape overall strategy and business directions that align to corporate objectives
- Responsible for financial forecasting, reporting, and decision support for G&A functions taking into account cross-functional dependencies and financial impacts
- Partner with the broader Finance & Strategy team, key stakeholders, and business leaders across the organization to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations.
- Build analytical and reporting tools leveraging data and understanding key business drivers to measure financial results, key operational metrics, and spend efficiency.
- Maintain and improve predictability of financial results through enhancements of internal processes and partnership with accounting team
- Support decision making in global Real Estate capital investment strategy and long-range plan
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting in a high growth environment
- A combination of work experience in FP&A, finance, strategy or accounting at a high-growth tech company, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Experience building strong teams through active development and recruitment of incredible talent
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- History of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.