Director of Financial Services
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We’re seeking a Director of Financial Services to help transform and scale Toast’s financial services capabilities to support our rapid growth. Reporting to the VP of Business Services, the Director will be tasked with launching Toast’s captive finance arm, with end-to-end responsibilities including strategic planning, capital raising, underwriting and risk management, and day-to-day operations. This is a unique opportunity to take on a general management role at one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time, with the ability to create significant enterprise value by building the infrastructure to support over $1 billion in equipment finance loan origination over the next several years.
What you will do:
- Act as the product owner and advocate, driving cross-functional execution
- Partner with Toast’s leadership team to set the long-term equipment financing strategy
- Build and manage an ecosystem of capital partners; structure and negotiate partnership terms
- Partner with finance, legal and compliance to structure captive finance entity
- Lead and scale operations team (currently a team of 6 and growing)
- Establish underwriting and risk management infrastructure by leveraging best-in-class tools
- Partner with go-to-market and customer success organizations to design and implement a seamless customer journey that drives customer engagement
- Define KPIs to monitor performance and identify opportunities for growth and efficiency
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of financial services experience, with a proven fundraising and / or business development track record
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills, with the ability to operate at all organization levels
- An ability to drive projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop consensus and create structure in an unstructured environment
- Experience building, training, and developing a team
- Product management experience
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience