Director, Financial Planning & Analysis at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a Director who will lead a team responsible for the company's short and long-term planning processes, financial forecasts, annual budget cycle, management and Board reporting, as well as provide financial partnership to the organization. Specifically - they will play a significant role in designing, implementing, and executing planning and reporting processes with an integrated financial system, and will become the in-house expert on how our systems integrate to deliver insight to the business.
What you will do:
- Establish and develop a state-of-the-art planning and forecasting process to estimate financial results. Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the financial results and present findings to leadership.
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies while scaling the company.
- Build rigorous analytical tools and reporting to measure business results, key success metrics, and spend efficiency.
- Drive the strategy and execution of complex financial modeling development, enhancement and maintenance around bookings, revenue, and expense that enable effective P&L and Cash Flow management and predictability
- Partner with the broader Finance & Strategy team, key stakeholders and business leaders across the organization to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations.
- Lead and mentor a team of Financial Analysts by providing financial leadership and analytical support while also keeping senior management informed on key financial metrics
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting in a high growth environment
- A combination of work experience in FP&A, corporate finance, corporate strategy and financial systems operations
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Experience building strong teams through active development and recruiting efforts
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous
- History of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization
- Experience using financial planning and consolidation tools like Adaptive, Hyperion, and Cognos
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R