MassMutual’s Institutional Investments team is dedicated to helping clients solve their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks. As part of MassMutual’s Institutional Investments, we are the distributor of the MassMutual Funds, which are sold primarily through third-party intermediaries in the DCIO (Defined Contribution Investment Only) / Retirement market. The MassMutual Funds are managed by MassMutual Investments, which is MassMutual’s asset management organization. Our reputation for financial strength, investment talent, risk management, and thought leadership has led to rapid growth.
The Internal Wholesaler supports the External Wholesaler sales team members in achieving the unit’s sales goals while also building his/her own book of business with retirement-specialist advisors and investment/benefit consultants. This individual will support our West region including California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, and Idaho.
- Drive mutual fund investment sales and build relationships with financial professionals selling MassMutual Funds through the DCIO channel
- Develop expect knowledge of MassMutual Funds product line and the Retirement and Mutual Fund industries and assist in achieving sales goals
- Develop relationships with DC-focused financial professionals (both advisors and consultants) through supporting the overall advisor practice management program offered by the DCIO Sales Team and by making outbound calls and responding to inbound product requests
- Coordinate sales call activity with the external DCIO sales team members and conduct proactive outreach to targeted retirement-specialist advisors, and retirement benefit consultants to build relationships, increase awareness of and achieve sales results with the MassMutual Funds
- Maintain and update customer profiles and activity (phone calls and meetings) related to the development of customer relationships and pursuit of mutual fund investment only (MFIO) sales opportunities in the Salesforce CRM
- Handle special projects as assigned within the Investment Only (IO) Sales Desk
- Attend various sales meetings and training sessions.
- 3+ years of financial industry experience in a sales/wholesaling capacity with mutual funds and other investment products (e.g. stable value, CITs)
- 1+ year of experience using Morningstar Direct or other mutual fund / investment analysis software
- Ability to work West coast hours and to travel to client sites
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- 5 years of wholesaling mutual funds and other investment products